Ameraucana Cockerel - BW Splash

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Birch Run Farm, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Charlie is a wonderful splash wheaten Ameraucana cockerel out of my show pair of blue wheatens. His mother took RB at NEPC this January. His daddy has taken BB in the past. Charlie is just shy of knowing he is a boy in age. He looks to be developing a classic pea pod comb! He is also going to be a very big bodied male and is Meredith lines. He will make a great breeding rooster for your flock of blue wheatens, wheatens or splash wheatens. His beard has been picked but he does have a nice full face of feathers when grown in.

Shipping available, box is $10.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. curtsey13

curtsey13 In the Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Pennington, NJ
    Hi, Wow what a beautiful boy!! How is he to handle? We are looking for a nice Roo for my ladies and I really wanted to keep with Ameraucanas or EE. (My two EE girls are the best!) I really wanted to keep the colorful egg laying lines. I would need to ship him, so I hope that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks so much ,Tara

3. loot4louie

loot4louie Songster

Mar 10, 2010
    Ringoes NJ
    Handsome Boy!! How do you get splash coloration in wheaten ameraucanas? Do you need a wheaten splash parent, or can wheaten x blue wheaten throw spalshes?

4. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I think you can get splashes with whXbw. I have all BW breeding stock. Charlie is very easy to handle though he's getting to the age where he likes to be admired at your feet or on the roost rather than picked up and babied.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: