Ameraucana Cockerels - 5 mo. old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EM Squared Farms, Sep 22, 2011.

1. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    $10 fee for USPS approved chicken shipping box
    ~$36 estimated shipping cost (based on recent shipment of another Ameraucana cockerel to GA)
    We can square up the differences afterwards.

Check out our website for more pictures of other Ameraucana cockerels for Sale.

Some of our Ameraucana pullets are beginning to lay eggs ! In another month or so, we may be hatching out more Ameraucana chickies (still deciding on standard colors or working on new colors).

Thanks ~

2. 1/4irish

1/4irish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Does the cockerel pictured have green legs?

3. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Quote:Have you checked out the pic close up ? What is your opinion ? His legs look gray to me.

There are also another 10 or so cockerels available. Check out the website.

Also, for some reason, photography in diffused sunlight and direct sunlight affects the perception of color. Check out egg pics on the Ameraucana page to see how different colors look based on the lighting source.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Yeah, they do look like they are yellow skin based(should be white skinned) which is why they look green....I love his big blue beard though...mine is clean faced as the girls are always plucking it on him [​IMG]

5. 1/4irish

1/4irish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Isn't the gene for yellow skin recessive, so he must be homozygous for it, and all his offspring would carry it. [​IMG]

He does have a nice beard!

6. EM Squared Farms

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Thanks, we tried to post a pic of the Ameraucana with a standard color to be the representative pic. I think maybe his leg color is not as ideal as the rest. What do you guys think of the other cockerels ? I'll keep that in mind when I post another pic next month for auction ads.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by