Ameraucana cockerels- TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Feb 13, 2011.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have two splash and one black ameraucana cockerels to rehome. They are free if you can meet me in Murfreesboro or Columbia.

Daddy for all three is from the Gardner line. Mamas were from the Pips&Peeps line. If these three turn out like the other roosters I have hatched from this pairing, they will be nice, solid roosters with even temperaments. Daddy is a GREAT rooster who takes really good care of his women and is trustworthy around children.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Keri78

Keri78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    NJ
    would you consider shipping??? I'm in need of a good roo. Thanks, Keri

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I won't be NPIP certified until March. I can't legally ship until then. [​IMG]

I'll look into shipping fees. I think they are high though. Let me do a little research. It cost me $35 to ship a box of chicks overnight within the state last summer. I'm sure adult costs are in that range or higher.

Either way, I can totally hook you up with eggs once the season kicks in. I'll be posting them in the BST section once the girls are really laying again and I have done a test hatch for the season. I seem to get a steady stream of roosters from my hatches. Sigh.

[​IMG]

4. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Just curious how do you know these are cocks? I have an EE or Ameraucana that I just assume is a female. She isn't laying yet and the thing on the top of her head looks like the one on your guys. Is it possible my girl is a male? How could you tell?

Thanks,
    Michelle;)

5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    You can't really tell in these pictures, but the biggest indicator for me is the comb. Male AMs have three ridges across their comb. Hens have three sort of, but the middle one is a lot taller. I know.... vague. [​IMG]
    Truthfully, it is an all over deal. The males are bigger than the females. Their legs are thicker. They often act bolder. The combs get redder faster and they seem to pop up earlier. I have five of them out there that are all the same age. It is very obvious that two of them are different from these three.

Hope that helps. [​IMG]

6. bkwurth

bkwurth Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Do you know how long of a drive it would be from Paducah, Ky.? Or from Memphis? I would take both of them if I am close enough.
    Thanks, Kathy

Sorry, all three.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  7. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Paducah is three hours.
    Memphis is 4 hours.

[​IMG]

8. bkwurth

bkwurth Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    They are all pure. If they are it would be worth the drive for me. They are the breed I wanted to get next. This would give me a reason to get started!

Please forgive me. I just went to both of your links and I would be honored to have your roos. Just give me a day, time, and address! I will be there. You have beautiful birds.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by