Ameraucana Color ID?!

dallas_texas94

Hatching
Feb 15, 2023
Good afternoon! Can anyone help me identify what color this Ameraucana rooster would be considered? I’m wanting to get him to breed with my blue and black hens and am hoping for more blue and black chicks!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 7E40C06A-F73E-4E1D-BC6B-E3A2C2DBC6BD.jpeg
    7E40C06A-F73E-4E1D-BC6B-E3A2C2DBC6BD.jpeg
    790.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 3C3EEA09-E8F2-4E06-8A42-53459475BE50.jpeg
    3C3EEA09-E8F2-4E06-8A42-53459475BE50.jpeg
    980.2 KB · Views: 11
Can I commandeer this post to ask the same question...
I was considering adding this "Ameraucana Roo" to my olive egger pen as my Blue Ameraucana is now related to all my olive eggers and I'd like to cross them back to a blue egg layer. However the yellow legs are a dead give away, plus I'm unsure what the heck this color would be. They told me that he hatched from a light blue egg. Thoughts?
Screenshot_20230417-151117_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230417-151110_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230417-151156_Facebook.jpg

The person re homing them said they have won ribbons for breed at the fair.... :hmm

They look like Wyandotte x Easter-egger mixes. Pretty boys, but definitely not pure Ameraucanas! I don't show my birds, but my understanding is that fairs generally are not strict about breeds, so I don't know if a ribbon from a fair really means much as far as that goes. Ribbons or awards from APA or ABA sanctioned poultry shows would mean something, but those birds would never win any such thing because they're clearly mixes.

Can I commandeer this post to ask the same question...
I was considering adding this "Ameraucana Roo" to my olive egger pen as my Blue Ameraucana is now related to all my olive eggers and I'd like to cross them back to a blue egg layer. However the yellow legs are a dead give away, plus I'm unsure what the heck this color would be. They told me that he hatched from a light blue egg. Thoughts?View attachment 3471580View attachment 3471583View attachment 3471585
The person re homing them said they have won ribbons for breed at the fair.... :hmm
The person rehoming them was full of it. Those are Easter eggers, mixes which can have yellow legs or any other color. There is no guarantee they carry the genes for blue eggs, but they are attractive and healthy looking, so I see no reason not to use them with your olive eggers, really.

They look like Wyandotte x Easter-egger mixes. Pretty boys, but definitely not pure Ameraucanas! I don't show my birds, but my understanding is that fairs generally are not strict about breeds, so I don't know if a ribbon from a fair really means much as far as that goes. Ribbons or awards from APA or ABA sanctioned poultry shows would mean something, but those birds would never win any such thing because they're clearly mixes.
They could have won ribbons in the showing/demonstration part, especially if it was done by kids, but the fairs follow the same rules of the APA in judging different breeds as anywhere else, from my experience.

Back
Top Bottom