Ameraucana, Easter Egger, and Araucana Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PolishFrizzle, Oct 11, 2016.

1. PolishFrizzle

PolishFrizzle Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2016
    Hi my fellow poultry keepers! I wanna see what cluckin' hens and crowin' roosters ya'll got. You are welcome to show pictures, share stories, and talk about our blue egg layin' ladies n' lads! Have fun! [​IMG] XD'

2. ChickenGambo

ChickenGambo New Egg

May 30, 2016
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for help/info etc. But here goes: I purchased 6 chickens the 1st of May this year from a farm store. Three were supposed to be Amaricauna and three RIR. From what I am reading as I look around this site, what I gather, they are most likely Easter Eggers. Which sounds crazy to me since EE aren't the ones that lay colored eggs...Explain, if you can.
    Another thing, they just started laying around a month ago, and we get 1 or 3 eggs a day. Some of the eggs are small and some are large, the small eggs, are light brown and speckled and they are mostly yolk inside. The large eggs are light brown, and every one of them that we have cracked to date have been double yolked. Is this normal or unusual? What causes double yolks?

3. PolishFrizzle

PolishFrizzle Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2016
    Well, E.E's aren't a true "breed", but they do lay colorful eggs, just like an Ameraucana, and lay pink eggs on occasion! And double yolks are in no way unusual. Are they pullets? If so, double yolks are completely normal. Also, they are a bonus to the breakfast table!

4. ChickenGambo

ChickenGambo New Egg

May 30, 2016
    T hanks. They are around 5 1/2 months....yes the double yolks are a bonus. So far the eggs have all been brown and some speckled. I don't think they are all laying yet. Love my girls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by