1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana, Easter Egger or Araucana Show or pet?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by crj, Jul 14, 2011.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Hi,

I have some bantams and I don't know for sure which breed they are. They are about 4 months old and are roosters. I would like to know if they are show quality or pet quality. I plan on selling them and I want to be able to answer questions. I'm knew to this type of chicken. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  3. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:I guess they would be a mix. A couple look like the golden duckwing and I have a few others that look like the silver duckwing. The colors just don't show up in the pictures. Really pretty purple in the wings of the black colored roos.

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:Please notice that the Araucanas on the club site don't have tails & the birds pictured in this thread do. Important distinction. The birds in this thread aren't Araucanas.
    None are recognized varieties of Ameraucana either. They're "Easter Eggers".

5. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Araucanas do not have beards either. Ameraucanas do not have willow (green), or yellow based legs or skin. Sure sign you have Easter Eggers.

Lanae

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by