1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana/ Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AmyWho, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Ameraucana.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Easter Egger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AmyWho

AmyWho Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Yesterday I bought two Ameraucana pullets from chain farm store. They were $4 each and I only bought them because I want some non white/brown eggs in my mix. I'm not concerned about true breed, only curious.

When I was picking out my chicks I said, "I'd also like two Easter Egge...*ahem* Ameraucana pullets please." The woman wasn't as amused as I was and stated they are true Ameraucanas. I call shenanigans.

I paid for my birds and left.

From what I understand, leg colors are pretty important. My bearded ladies appear to have tan legs which leads me to further back my suspicion.

I'll gladly provide some quality non-phone photographs when I get home. Unfortunately these are the only ones I have now. They're only a few days old at this point, but I'd be happy to take any specific shots to help clear this up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, here's the ad from the store's website advertising that they have them....[​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    That ad says Blue/Green eggs. If they lay green eggs they are not Ameraucana.

Check out this link. It gives a good comparison of Araucana, Ameraucana, and EE’s. They may be too young for this to help much, but maybe you can see something, like bottom of the feet color, that can help you narrow it down.

EE/Ameraucana/Araucana comparison
    http://apa-abayouthpoultryclub.org/Edu_Material/Easter Eggers vs.pdf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by