Ameraucana/EE chicks 6 weeks

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PaintedMeadows, Jul 28, 2008.

1. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    Mostly I am wondering what color these pullets (hopefully) would be considered and if they will change much from this color. They are both 6 weeks old.

First is Jag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now Vulture (hate the name but my daughter calls her that until something better comes along)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are together, an aerial view! tee hee

[​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Jag's a roo. Vulture's a hen. IMO at least. Not sure on coloring though.

3. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    i agree...and i dont know color, but theyre gorgeous! [​IMG]

4. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

what makes the first one a roo?

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

There is no name for the color, easter eggers have no standard.

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    They are pretty Easter Eggers. EE's don't have color varieties per say, so you can call them whatever you want. Nice looking birds though!

At this point, Jag does look rooish and the other one henish based on the color/size of the comb. However a lot can change in a few weeks, especially with EEs that have a lot of different mixes in the background that may have different maturity rates, etc.

7. PaintedMeadows

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    OK. So you can't tell me if they are similar to a color in the breed standard for Ameraucanas? Will they change alot in color from 6 weeks? So Jag is a roo? That would be OK too cause we will keep him anyways. Thank you everyone, we love them and they are really sweet. We have a third one that is a gorgeous red/brown with black. I hope a pullet. I will post a picture.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Yup agree with the above..beautiful birds...colors don't change TO much after they turn 8 weeks I have noticed.. What you see now is prob what you will see later...just more of it [​IMG]

9. PaintedMeadows

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    Here is Hermione.

[​IMG]

10. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

They look a lot like a batch of EE's that I hatched a month or so ago. The fathers were White and Silver and the mothers were Red/Brown. So their bloodlines are 100% Ameraucana, but they are now now considered mutts (EE's).

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by