Ameraucana / EE is she a he?

mj_n_peeps

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
Upper Montgomery County
First time chicken mama and loving it! However I have a 9 week old Ameraucana, I think EE is the more appropriate "breed", that I think may be a roo. It's much more erect, it's pea comb is very pink and pronounced, little to no saddle feathers and the tail is not as full as my other Ameraucana/EE. I posted a pic of the bird in question.

Can anyone help me determine the gender?

Thanks a bunch and thanks for this site!

MikasGirl

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Coos Bay, OR
EE, and I want to say he is a boy, since his coloring is kinda patchy, but I don't SEE saddle or hackle feathers..... If he were mine, I'd say boy. Absolutely gorgeous! Probably one of the most gorgeous birds I've seen.. I'd hold on to him if I were you, my mom just came over and practically drooled over him..

Last edited:

poodlepill

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Southern Illinois
Its sure purdy whatever he/she is.

I would go out on a limb only because of the many different colors especially colored on the wings and say Roo?? but then again the head color is that of most pullets?? hmmmmmm

mj_n_peeps

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
Upper Montgomery County
Called the shop I purchsed her/him through and they are thinking roo too. Thanks for the compliments and the validation. Didn't want a roo, but his good looks may let him stay with the rest of the group!

Top Bottom