Ameraucana/EE Salmon Roo*SOLD*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FlightsofFancy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    I regretfully need to find a good home for out beloved "Spike". We hatched him and raised him in our bath tub. He is very friendly, my kids hold him and he comes when called. We really don't want to loose him, but my neigbors can not handle his crowing.
    He was bred as an experimental color development. He is considered Salmon. He came out of a realy blue egg and his sisters lay real blue eggs.
    Please someone give him a good home!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I happen to know that these roosters in this new color are stunning! Someone needs this beautiful boy, I'm sure!

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    He's just gorgeous! What a wonderful opportunity for someone to work on a new and interesting color with this boy.

Isn't it the pits when a neighbor's concerns keep you from a fun breeding project? I had the same problem 2 years ago. So it's just pullets and hens around here now.

I'm sure someone will want to snag this guy!

4. FlightsofFancy

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    Thanks! The horrible thing is that he has a great personality! My kids are gonna be heart broken when he goes. They carry him around like a rag doll and he will literly come running when you call him. He is one of those rare guys in color but truely unique in his personality. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Aw, geez, I know how they feel! I adore my roosters and I hate that I cant keep them all. He's so handsome, I'd almost violate my rule of no adult birds for that boy. Someone buy this gorgeous thing!

6. PatmosRuby

PatmosRuby Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2008
    Patmos, GA
    Do you have anyone for Spike yet? Do you want anything for him?

7. FlightsofFancy

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    I believe that I have found a home for Dear Spike!! Yipee! Soonerdog, who also has this color variety, is going to take him and continue with the color development.
    Thank you to everyone who posted. Oh and BTW!! I just put eggs in the 'bator from Spike so maybe we can keep the bloodline going until we move and can have a rooster again. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Awesome! Good for Johnny! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by