1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana Enthusiasts - What do you think about my Rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickadeeNSC, Feb 28, 2016.

1. chickadeeNSC

chickadeeNSC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2015
    Columbia, SC
    Ok , so we bought him from a little local farm. They advertised him as "Ameraucana" , we don't really care if he is or isn't full breed etc. as he is just one handsome fella and being that my flock has different breeds as it is, we aren't trying to promote or sell the "pure" brand anyways.

Being that I'm somewhat new at this, I assumed he was a blue wheaten or wheaten... Someone informed me that that's not the case so I'm curious then as to what others may think he is.

I've tried searching and searching different crosses and experimental ameraucana lines etc with no real luck. He just turned one yr this month. Ameraucana or not he is super sweet to my ladies and very protective and that's all we could ask for :) . So with all that being said, what do you think about this guy? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think that he is a very attractive Easter Egger rooster.

1 person likes this.
  3. chickadeeNSC

Oct 8, 2015
    Columbia, SC

Thanks, we love him to bits lol. Hatching out some babies in the bater, cant wait to see the outcome.

4. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    He is an Easter Egger since he isn't a recognized color and has greenish legs. :)

5. chickadeeNSC

Oct 8, 2015
    Columbia, SC

His legs are dark grey/bluish. It may have a slight tint in the first pic bc I had to lighten it.

I'm getting lavender ameraucana hatching eggs tomorrow and I can't wait until they get big enough to breed with this guy, should be an interesting experiment lol

6. Rhodebar Lover

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    You should get some beautiful chicks!

7. chickadeeNSC

Oct 8, 2015
    Columbia, SC

Thank you! [​IMG]

8. Rhodebar Lover

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    [​IMG]

9. AZChiknGoddess

AZChiknGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2014
    Looking at the feathers on his chest, he looks like an Easter Egger mixed with Blue Laced Wyandotte. I see some blue laced red type feathers on him.

10. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Just FYI, Lavender is a recessive color. You will not get any chicks with Lavender coloring in the first generation cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by