1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by llbekahll, Oct 9, 2009.

1. llbekahll

llbekahll Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    I purchased hatching eggs from someone online who claimed they were from pure bred Ameraucanas. The eggs in the picture looked very blue, but the ones I recieved are extremely light blue and a little discolored.

Does this mean that they are not pure bred or are true Ameraucana eggs very light blue?

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    No it just means the hens are probably near the end of thier laying cycle.

3. Got5Chicks

Got5Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2009
    New Mexico
    You can't expect your eggs to look EXACTLY like the picture.... Most of those photos are taken when egg color is at its best.. This shows you what the BEST color eggs you can expect from the birds you will hatch....
    I'm sure you probably got pure Ameraucana... you just have to expect this time of year, that there will be some fading etc. in the blue color~ This is generally the end of a chickens laying cycle.....perfectly normal..

If your eggs arrived in good shape etc. it is customary to leave positive feedback now..........not after you see if you got your eggs to hatch... The seller can't control that...

Hope your hatch goes well! [​IMG]

4. llbekahll

llbekahll Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    That's a relief, I thought I got some easter eggers...

Thanks!

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by