Ameraucana losing feathers and pale colored comb

Angelyard

Hatching
May 15, 2020
One of my Ameraucanas (1 1/2 ys old) is losing feathers and her comb is pale pink, instead of vibrant like the other Ameraucanas, and almost looks like she has tine white spots on her comb. I thought maybe she's starting to molt, but wondering if I should be concerned, since none of my other chickens seem to be losing feathers like that. I'm a fairly new chicken owner :) or at least this is my first time raising a flock to this old yet :) Thanks!

1602025599097.png

One of my Ameraucanas (1 1/2 ys old) is losing feathers and her comb is pale pink, instead of vibrant like the other Ameraucanas, and almost looks like she has tine white spots on her comb. I thought maybe she's starting to molt, but wondering if I should be concerned, since none of my other chickens seem to be losing feathers like that. I'm a fairly new chicken owner :) or at least this is my first time raising a flock to this old yet :) Thanks!

View attachment 2362958
Molting. My hens are too. Some do a heavy molt and some do a light molt, so it's more noticeable with some rather than others.

Back
Top Bottom