Ameraucana not getting up

kaperi

Chirping
Oct 3, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Hi there. Needing your precious help.
i have a 1 1/2 year old Ameraucana Splash.
she was brought home with her sister three weeks ago, she was Laying before getting here but hasn’t laid since. Although I take her out, she doesn’t seem like the other hens are picking on her, even though she’s shy.
This morning she was laying at the bottom inside the coop (usually she perches for the night) I thought she might be finally laying an egg so I let her be. Tonight I can back, 12h later to close the coop and she was laying at the same place. The theee other girls were perched for the night. It got me worried.. I took her, looked at her, she had feces in her rear feathers and didn’t seem to be Abel to hold the perch when I tried to put her up.. so I put her back down.. tomorrow at sunlight I would like to check her more but I don’t what I should consider or check to make her feel better.. im worried, she’d Avery sweet girl.
I attached picture of her, and a picture of where she usually perches at night. Tonight she was laying at the bottom and was at the same spot this morning.
Thanks in advance for your precious help

Attachments

• 9F9E6BFF-6645-480A-9AFF-4E8AB88C6FD6.jpeg
    9F9E6BFF-6645-480A-9AFF-4E8AB88C6FD6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • 5DD7E4ED-9834-4569-B00D-F24FEDE64C1F.jpeg
    5DD7E4ED-9834-4569-B00D-F24FEDE64C1F.jpeg
    749.8 KB · Views: 2
  • A3B6F1BF-31C9-4D0A-859D-C6072745FCA8.jpeg
    A3B6F1BF-31C9-4D0A-859D-C6072745FCA8.jpeg
    908.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 6A19431B-4F22-40CA-9C52-D3DDD0C4ADE8.jpeg
    6A19431B-4F22-40CA-9C52-D3DDD0C4ADE8.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi there. Needing your precious help.
i have a 1 1/2 year old Ameraucana Splash.
she was brought home with her sister three weeks ago, she was Laying before getting here but hasn’t laid since. Although I take her out, she doesn’t seem like the other hens are picking on her, even though she’s shy.
This morning she was laying at the bottom inside the coop (usually she perches for the night) I thought she might be finally laying an egg so I let her be. Tonight I can back, 12h later to close the coop and she was laying at the same place. The theee other girls were perched for the night. It got me worried.. I took her, looked at her, she had feces in her rear feathers and didn’t seem to be Abel to hold the perch when I tried to put her up.. so I put her back down.. tomorrow at sunlight I would like to check her more but I don’t what I should consider or check to make her feel better.. im worried, she’d Avery sweet girl.
I attached picture of her, and a picture of where she usually perches at night. Tonight she was laying at the bottom and was at the same spot this morning.
Thanks in advance for your precious help
Oh, so sorry!
Sounds like she is very sick.

Have you noticed that she comes out during the day? And that laying in that same spot is her new place to stay at night? Is there room on the roosts with extra space?
Moving to a new place can be stressful and hens normally stop laying shortly after arriving and it takes weeks to get back to laying.

Back
Top Bottom