Ameraucana or Easter Egger??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Ginger Chic, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Ginger Chic

Ginger Chic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast Georgia
    Found an ad in the Market Bulletin for "Americana" chicks...

(Yes, I've read enough on here to know that a lot of folks will try to pass an EE off as an Ameraucana. And, notice that I spelled it exactly as the gentleman who placed the ad. )

I'm looking to add a little color to our egg production. Does one have a better frequency in production than the other? And since I'm just looking for egg color, is there any other difference that I should be concerned about?

Thanks for your help!
    [​IMG]

2. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Not sure exactly...I think the green/blue gene is dominant so either breed lays them. When I bought my chicks [​IMG] I was told they were Ameracauna. Then when I went back on the website that I bought them from they no longer called them Ameracauna but EE's. So I am not sure what I have. I couldn't tell you what color her eggs are cause she's 8 months old and hasnt layed one yet!! [​IMG]

3. conroy

Oct 10, 2008
    Oh and my avatar is named Ginger as well... lol

4. Ginger Chic

Ginger Chic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast Georgia
    Quote:I live in town and can't order a ton of chicks from the hatchery so I am really searching for someone local who has chicks already. Didn't realize what a chore this was going to become. Thanks for your help. Good luck on the laying!

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    You never know what color the eggs are going to be with ee's.

6. conroy

Oct 10, 2008
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by