ameraucana or easter egger?

mandymae1984

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 9, 2013
I just got 10 from a hatchery that are supposed to be full breed ameraucana and they look just like your photo....

Cyan Night

Songster
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hatcheries sell their easter eggers as ameraucanas. Ameraucanas are very difficult to find and only come in certain colors. Most easter eggers are ameraucanas mixed with another breed to produce green/blue eggs. I believe it's only blue eggs that the ameraucanas and araucanas produce.

katatonic123

Songster
5 Years
Mar 19, 2014
Oh well she's mine and I love her. Just don't want to keep calling her the wrong thing.

Mountain Peeps

Jesus is my life
Premium member
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
I
Hatcheries sell their easter eggers as ameraucanas. Ameraucanas are very difficult to find and only come in certain colors. Most easter eggers are ameraucanas mixed with another breed to produce green/blue eggs. I believe it's only blue eggs that the ameraucanas and araucanas produce.

It's weird when I went to buy my chicks and asked for an EE they said they only sold ameraucanas!;)

Firekin1

Songster
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014
Nova Scotia

What do you think?
EE and very cute at that
My avatar pic is of a blue ameraucana chick...I breed blues, blacks and splash, though splash is not recognized as a show color, it IS a result of breeding blue to blue. Almost all hatcheries sell EE's as ameraucana's.

Top Bottom