Ameraucana or Easter egger?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Apocha14, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Apocha14

Apocha14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I have one chick that was sold to me as Ameraucana- and 3 adult hens that are Easter eggers I think! I'll have to get pics of the other two but here is one of the chick and one of the adults[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

3. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

I do not know, but they are pretty! If they are Easter Eggers, then they look really close to an Ameraucana.

4. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    I'm pretty sure the chick is an Ameraucana but the adults I have no idea :( haha the other adult looks the same but almost all orange cream color... Very few white feathers

5. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    They are probably Easter Eggers, most people sell EE's as Ameraucanas, so it's a common mistake. True Ameraucanas only come in these colors: black, blue, blue Wheaten, brown red, buff, silver, wheaten, and white. I raise EE's and they are great birds!
    Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  6. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Thank you! So could the chick possibly be Ameraucana? Because she is unlike their coloring?!

7. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

The last adult

8. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Also all four birds all grey legs and their feet on the bottom are white if that makes a difference

9. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Did you see the father? If their parents are Easter Eggers, than the chicks will be too. I like those big fluffy beards though. Here are a couple of my EE's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Apocha14

Jan 10, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Yours are beautiful! I wish I had an Easter egger rooster so I could get more of those amazing hens! I didn't see the father :( I wish I had! I have a welsummer rooster and I have one of the Easter Eggers fertile eggs I the incubator right now. Even if here Easter Eggers will I have still have an olive egger or no?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by