1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana or EE??? *picture heavy*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HeatherTheMommy, Mar 29, 2016.

1. HeatherTheMommy

HeatherTheMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2015
    Felton DE
    I bought 4 chicks from the pet store where i buy all of my chicks from. He said they were ameraucana but i have no experience with this breed. Are these ameraucana or EE or to early to tell? Two are smaller than the other 2 but im not sure if they were all hatched together or not? Ive had them for 1 week tomorrow.

Chick 1-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 2-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 3-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 4-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chicks 3 and 4 are bigger and seem older than chicks 1 and 2 but like I said Im not sure when they all hatched.

[​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    "4 chicks from the pet store"
    They're Easter Eggers, you can only find true ameraucana from purebred Breeders <3

3. HeatherTheMommy

May 14, 2015
    Felton DE
    I thought you could only get araucana from a breeder? He does get his chicks from breeders thats why i go there. I got my polish there recently as well.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    They're Easter eggers.

5. HeatherTheMommy

May 14, 2015
    Felton DE
    Ok thank you. Hoping to get some blue eggs. I have an all white easter egger now and she lays a blue green egg. Well she did. She took FOREVER to lay. Even my silkie was laying before her. She layed for a few weeks and then stopped. Why would that happen? She is totally healthy and looks great. Most of my flock is starting to molt but i havent noticed her molting yet?

6. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Are you sure she stopped? Where was she laying her eggs? In a nest box? She could have a secret nest if she has access to the outside. Or someone could be eating her eggs. Or she could be taking a break. Just keep looking and see what you find.

7. HeatherTheMommy

May 14, 2015
    Felton DE
    She was laying in the nesting box. I let them free range most days but not everyday. Today they haven't. Maybe I'll look around the coop and see if she has a nest somewhere but i doubt it :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by