?? Ameraucana or EE??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WyanLuv, Nov 4, 2008.

1. WyanLuv

WyanLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Like I know the difference.... But I'm pretty much assuming my Blondie Girl (I think is a girl) is an EE not an ameraucana that I got from Cackle Hatchery. Any help in possibly identifying my favorite girl would be great. She is 8 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some of the rest of my flock
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    You have a lovely flock of easter eggers ! beautiful birds !

3. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Now I know where the end of the rainbow went, you've got the pot of gold! Beautiful! She's absolutely gorgous and green legs, awesome!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  4. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    The five in the corner are my EE's surrounded by the two SLW and GLW Roo. I have an identicle set of twins that are grey and tan that lay the most pretty blue egg. Thank you for the compliments! They are my babies

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I have an EE that looks JUST LIKE yours! We got our chickens from My Pet Chicken though. I'll try to email you some pics of my girl. [​IMG] You sure do have beautiful chickens! [​IMG]

6. WyanLuv

Oct 26, 2008
    Iowa
    I wondered if she would be a "one of a kind" or if there were others.... [​IMG] I have two sets of twins in my group that I got. The tan and grey ones that are shown in the other pic and another set of a blue/grey copper color. They actually aren't that much different then the other ones. ha ha
    I would love to see pics of your hen.... Shoot me an email when you get a pick. Do you have a lot of variance in your hens eggs? I only get two colors.... the tan and grey ones both lay a pretty light blue egg almost grey and then some other one (I haven't identified the culprit) is laying a "snot" green egg. I don't know a better way to describe the color.... Have a wonderful day! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by