Ameraucana or EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Jul 9, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I bought 4 chicks from the Chickenstock in Rason WV.
    2 are suppose to be Ameraucana but I only believe the one is... the other I believe is an EE.
    can someone either confirm my worse fears of give me great news that I indeed have 2 Ameraucana...
    TIA!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    I think Ameraucanas are supposed to have green legs so the second chick might be an EE but I might be wrong. [​IMG] Even if it is an EE you should be happy they make wonderful chickens! [​IMG]

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Ameraucanas do not have green legs, unless there is some sort of boo boo, or project bird.

You have easter eggers; and they are pretty cute!

4. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    pips&peeps :

Ameraucanas do not have green legs, unless there is some sort of boo boo, or project bird.

Only the top one has green legs though. the 2nd chick has bright yellow legs..​

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    pips&peeps :

x2.​

6. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    The only difference between ameraucanas and EEs is that ameraucanas are pure and EEs are "mutts"

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  7. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I know that. but what do I have? the first chick has a greenish tint in its legs and chick 2 has bright yellow legs..

8. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Zaxby's2 :

I think Ameraucanas are supposed to have green legs so the second chick might be an EE but I might be wrong. [​IMG] Even if it is an EE you should be happy they make wonderful chickens! [​IMG]

I agree. I have an EE and she's our favorite! Unless you're showing them I don't think this should be a big deal. [​IMG]

9. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I agree. I have an EE and she's our favorite! Unless you're showing them I don't think this should be a big deal. [​IMG]

Thats the problems. I do show my chickens..

10. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Well... you won't be able to show these at APA sanctioned events. You can, but they'll be DQ'd for being mutts. Why not get in touch with Pips&Peeps, or CityGirlintheCountry, or other BYC breeders of quality Ameraucanas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by