Ameraucana or Not??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mitzzie, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Mitzzie

Mitzzie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2015
    After reading through the forum here I'm guessing the chicks I thought were Ameraucana's are EE? I got them at our local feed store. I've attached some pics. My girls are 23 weeks and haven't started laying yet(waiting on that very impatiently). What do you guys think?? Also should I be expecting eggs soon?? I don't know if they squat yet because they are the most skittish birds I have and don't like to be touch, unlike my darling little Stella(black sex link) who thinks she's a dog.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    EEs. And they could lay almost any day. The wait for the first eggs sure feels like forever!

1 person likes this.
  3. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    If your original birds came as chicks from a farm store they are almost assuredly Easter Eggers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mitzzie

Mitzzie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2015
    we did get a very light colored egg today so I'm not sure if it is just from one of my other girls or from one of the teenagers?(EE). I guess I'll have to wait and see
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    As well as I can see them - EE's

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    EE

7. TriciaFran

TriciaFran New Egg

Feb 6, 2016
    They look like mine and I think they are Ameraucanas, when we got them we were told that one was a Rhode Island Red and the other an Ameraucana, but now they are exactly alike. I will see if I can get a good picture, mine are skittish too. Patty

8. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Easter Eggers. They could lay any color of egg. Most likely blue/green but not necessarily. They could lay any shade of brown and off white eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by