Ameraucana Roo - Black, very nice quality!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Sorry the picture is at such a weird angle. I was having trouble getting him to pose for the camera!

Ramsey is a PURE BRED black Ameraucana roo, from Pips&Peeps.... He is a little over 1 year old. Gorgeous sheen - blue, green, and purple - on his feathers, beautiful slate legs. AMAZING hackle - it is SO full! This guy has full beard/muffs, but they have been "hen pecked". Big, expressive eyes.

I've been told by some that he is SQ, but since I don't mess with showing I can't assertively state he is.

Covering 9 hens of varying breed, he had a 95% fertility rate on my hatch. Gave me BEAUTIFUL little chicks, all with dark legs/muffs.

No health or behavioral issues. He is flighty around people, but he KNOWS you are the boss and will never challenge it. All you have to do is look at him, straighten your shoulders and he gets the idea. He treats his girls well, never being mean or aggressive towards them. He dances for them, calls them in for food, chases them to the coop at night, etc. He's a great roo for flock protector - always sounds the alarm.

We are selling this *amazing* guy due to space issues. i don't want to see him go - but I am about integrate 10 more pullets into my flock, with no room or money for a separate breeder pen. So sadly, he will be of no use to us - just another mouth to feed. And since some of my favorite girls have their butts at me for bringing him in in the first place..... I think they might appreciate having just a "hen house" for a while!

He is PICKUP ONLY! Sorry, no shipping. I don't know how and I don't want to put a bird through that stress.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by