Ameraucana roosters

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by mhimmel1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mhimmel1

mhimmel1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2013
    Crosbyton, Texas
    Bought 3 dozen Ameraucana eggs from a raiser in Arkansas, Great blood lines. You all know how eggs fair in the mail. 12 hatched. Beautiful.....I have 7 roosters.Beautiful birds. Three blue wheaton and two wheaton. I really do not just want to put then in the cooker

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Try and sell them.

I bought 10 chicks on Christmas Eve. Only two of the ten ended up being pullets.
    2 Splash Wheaten, 4 Blue Wheaten and 2 Wheaten roos.
    2 Wheaten pullets.

I can't keep roos... So the most BEAUTIFUL Splash and BW roos are going to Heber to live with my friend Boston who will use them to make me some pretty pullets.

3. chicken dude

chicken dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2012
    first of all i am confused. what does wheaten mean?

4. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    I can't believe it!

I have been raising Wheaten /Blue Wheatens for years and just lost my roo when my girls had not yet started laying... I was devastated... Would love to have one, two, three of your roos ... Would even trade you something????

Have:

Lavendar Roo
    Black Roo
    BLRW Hen
    Pom Geese

5. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    They are discussing Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. Wheaten & Blue Wheaten are the color (aka variety) of these Ameraucanas. It's one of the colors/varieties accepted as true Ameraucanas. You can learn more if you google Ameraucana Breeders Club. You'll see the accepted standards there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by