Ameraucana vs Easter Egger, your thoughts?

Xouie

Crowing
Jun 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
After seeing so many posts about colorful green/blue eggs, I’m starting to consider hatching just a few more chickens (CHICKEN MATH!!!).

I remember some of the last birds we hatched before were supposedly blue wheaten ameraucana. But I’m pretty sure the breeder accidentally sent demon spawn instead. Those birds were just bad. Luckily, they were easy to rehometo someone who didn’t care so much about personality. But bird temperament is pretty important to me.

So were our Vile Blues unusual for the ameraucana breed? Comparing breed temperament, who is mellower, the ameraucana or Easter Egger?

I have had both breeds and I find them very similar in personality. Not overly friendly but inquisitive and enjoying a scratch on the neck once in a while. Neither my Ameraucana or Easter Eggers I have had have been lap chickens.😊

If you’re just looking for blue eggs you can also try crested cream leg bar. Some of the new hybrids that lay blue eggs have a flighty personality reputation. Cream leg bars generally are fairly easy-going.😊

My experience is they have similar personalities but the ees are more likely to be friendly. None of them have been "demon spawn" by any means, though a bit more flighty and curious to be sure. They're very active as far as chickens go.

Back
Top Bottom