Ameraucana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 19marvinn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. 19marvinn

19marvinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2015
    My aunt got me this ameraucana from rural king. She is 8 weeks old. She is supposedly an Ameraucana. I know there are different types of ameraucanas. I was wondering what type she is. Also, I don't know much about the breed itself so any info on it is helpful! Thanks!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    She's the Easter Egger type [​IMG].

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Pretty EE pullet.

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Such a lovely EE. [​IMG]

~Alex

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Mr Beaks

Mr Beaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Beautiful EE pullet :). Maybe @junebuggena could give you some info on the breed.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    There's nothing else to ID. Easter eggers are not a "breed", but they're a definite type. There's no "breed" involved, she's an Easter egger from generations of Easter eggers.

7. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    I know. The OP stated she knew nothing about the type of bird she had and I know junebuggena is very experienced with EE's. I'm not as knowledgeable with their background as she is.

8. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The thing with Easter Eggers, is that there is nothing typical. Because they aren't a breed, but a 'type', there is a huge range in terms of temperament, rate of development, and production rate. They can be incredibly flighty, or very snuggly, or somewhere in between, and it's all normal. That's what makes them so fun. No two will ever be exactly the same.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Easter Eggers are not a breed per se, but a variety of chicken that does not conform to any breed standard but lays large to extra large eggs that vary in shade from blue to green to olive to aqua and sometimes even pinkish. Easter Eggers vary widely in color and confirmation, and are exceptionally friendly and hardy. Since they are usually quite friendly to children and humans in general, they are a great choice for a family flock. Most hatcheries mistakenly label their EE's as Ameraucanas and Auracanas. True Ameraucanas and Auracanas are only available through reputable breeders.Easter Eggers do not qualify to be shown, since they do not conform to a breed standard.

Quoted from MPC

10. 19marvinn

19marvinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2015
    Thanks Everyone! Is there a specific Name for the coloring on this easter egger

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by