Ameraucanas true or fake?!?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mshuey1, Dec 2, 2011.

1. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    Can someone please help me I think I may have EE's not true Ameraucana. CAn someone post a pic of a true Ameraucana. What r the qualification to being a true Ameraucanas? [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

True Ameraucanas are very rare. Most people have EEs. I find the EEs have prettier colours, but that's just me.

If you have colourful patterns, you most likely have a mutt [​IMG]

3. mshuey1

mshuey1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    San Antonio
    Quote:'sOh boy from the way it sounds it looks like I've been selling EE's not true Ameraucanas [​IMG] so much to learn [​IMG]

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
  5. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Easiest way? If it's not one of the 8 recongnized colors of the breed, according tot he SOP... most likely it's not... Start there.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:if your ameraucana isnt one of these 8 colors ( Black, Blue, Blue wheaten, Brown red, Buff, Silver, Wheaten, and White) then its considered an ee

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Correct. You will find more information here:

www.ameraucana.org

If you got your birds from a hatchery or a feed store, 99.95% of the time they are Easter Eggers.

8. Feather_wrangler

Feather_wrangler Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Holyoke CO
    mshuey1 What r the qualification to being a true Ameraucanas?
    I did a lot of research after receiving the Ameraucanas from the feed store that I ordered them from.
    The two that are laying give us olive colored eggs
    Here are my EEs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. kfacres

Jul 14, 2011
    The first req... is blue, sky blue eggs... the second, is a lack of muffs, 3rd is not green legs, but should be slate colored... The rest of them, can be found on the link about a post or two above yours...

1 key word to what you said.. feedstore.... a feedstore and/or their supplier, 101% of the time, wouldn't know an Ameraucana from an Aracauna, or an EE mutt.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  10. kfacres

Jul 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture, that I keep forgetting to add..

He's a young, TRUE BLACK AMERAUCANA cockeral, pictured at about 5 months of age...

From the Jean Ribbick, Pips n Peeps- line from Washington State. She's the secretary of the ass'n ( I Think)

Another dead giveaway, that you're getting jipped into buying something that's not.. is when they spell it Americana...

Now that's he's approaching 7 months, he's begun to crow, and really has some neat tail feathers coming in... He's also, going to be a very large bird- especially considering comparing him to his penmate females.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by