Ameraucanas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AZchickens17, Mar 12, 2017.

1. AZchickens17

AZchickens17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Anybody else got a very curious Ameraucana chick? Mine likes to cock her head and stare at me and knows how to escape her brooder if the screen is open. Post pics of your Ameraucanas! They are my favorites.[​IMG]

2. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    [​IMG]This is Tiger being weird [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the old pics of my roo before we had to give him away- these are from almost a year ago. They were his adoption pics. I don't have any more on this device right now but I'll post some tomorrow. We currently have 2 ameraucana hens and 3 BR hens. Unfortunately, our town doesn't allow roosters, and I miss him a lot, because this is my first flock, about a year old now. The blue eggs from our hens are great, and I highly recommend the breed. :)

3. AZchickens17

Yes we just started with our first flock- eight chicks. 1 RIR, 1 BR, 2 Ameraucanas,2 Red Sex Links, 1 Austra White, and 1 Australorp. I was excited to get the Ameraucanas...they have quite the personality[​IMG]

4. AZchickens17

Also would you recommend the Barred rocks too? I purchased one, hearing they were great hens...

5. peopleRanimals2

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    My barred rocks are great layers and have awesome personalitys. I would definitely recommend!

6. AZchickens17

Ok. I hope my flock will get along. And thanks for the pictures!

7. peopleRanimals2

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Sure :)
    I'll post more later if I can get good ones ;)

8. Jiffyrocks

Jiffyrocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2017
    Louisville KY
    I would definitely recommend a barred rock. Mine is great! She hops out of the brooder box to come over to me. Sits on our lap, perched on our arm/finger. So curious and sweet.

I also have an ameraucana, but I have a feeling she might be an Easter egger. Apparently rural king mislabels? Either way, she's still very curious.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. peopleRanimals2

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    Awww!

10. AZchickens17

Aww looks like mine