Ameraucauna or EE

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bakohens, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bakohens

bakohens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2010
    Bakersfield
    This is Sparrow, named because her peeps were so lyrical. The local feed store where I purchased her told me that she is an Ameraucauna, but I assume she is more of a mutt that has purebred attributes. When she was a chick she had one black tail feather, but she is entirely white as an adult. The dark smudges on her in the pictures is mud - her favorite past-time is taking dirt baths; it doesn't matter if it is dry dirt or wet dirt. So, Ameraucauna or Easter Egger? It doesn't matter either way; I am just curious.

BTW: Any ideas for cleaning her up?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This picture was taken when she was a bit younger, but it shows her beautiful green legs. That's Ouiser, her protector, in the foreground.
    [​IMG]

2. sgt_dane

sgt_dane Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    Im not sure what she is, but she is beautiful!!especially when shes clean ;-)
    Try taking her in the house and giving her a bath, a wet water bath [​IMG] You can blow dry her on low heat if you want..

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    She is soo cute! Look like my Snowball! I'd from her green legs that she is a EE! My snowball lays a blue egg!

4. kipper

kipper Chillin' With My Peeps

EE. She's a cutie![​IMG]

5. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

green tinge to the legs and feet makes her an EE. But a beautiful one at that with very nice tail set and pea comb. Could almost pull off being an Ameraucana [​IMG]

6. bakohens

bakohens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2010
    Bakersfield
    Thanks so much! As I was doing research on the web, I found some Ameraucanas that looked a lot like her but not quite, and I couldn't pinpoint why she didn't quite fit. Now I know that green legs are the mark of an EE. Thanks for clearing up my confusion!

Oh, and I'll let her know that she has a nice tail set! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Not all EEs have green legs, though. They can have any color since there is no standard for EE. I have a yellow legged EE, a white legged EE and a slate legged EE.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by