Amercana Bantie hen making "weezing" sounds....sneezes.....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Batty about Banties, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    I bought her and 3 others from someone a couple months ago. Shes about a year old he said. She just started making this sound today. Its kind of like a meow....weezing sound. She ate but I have not seen her drink yet. She is lower on the pecking order. She is staying in the coop more today than usual. I am fairly new to chickens and havent had any problems so this would be my first. Hope its not a big one. [​IMG] Please help!!!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Have you done any changes to the coop, added new bedding or have you looked for mold? these 2 things can contribute to wheezing and if i was you I think i would separate her until you figure it out. Sometimes bedding can get wet and mold will grow in the area and mold is very un healthy for chickens.

3. Batty about Banties

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    I am going to remove the current bedding and see if that helps. I have always used shavings but I did not raise her and wonder if she is not used to it. Its a brand new coop with no mold. I will try the bedding change and hope that helps. Thank you.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
  5. Batty about Banties

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    Thank you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by