Any guess as to what crosses they are? Blue or green eggers? Thank you

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606445245881.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606445245881.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1606445251279.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606445251279.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 11
Slate Blue and Black Americanas! I had Blacks once, and they were supposed to lay blue eggs. The problem- I somehow got handed all roosters, and I wasn't breeding at the time, so I don't know if they were blue-eggers. Gorgeous roosters!! :love:love

Slate Blue and Black Americanas! I had Blacks once, and they were supposed to lay blue eggs. The problem- I somehow got handed all roosters, and I wasn't breeding at the time, so I don't know if they were blue-eggers. Gorgeous roosters!! :love:love

Also, I think that they are true, not mixes. I'd say that you won with these guys. Solids can get expensive, even on straight run. Blacks not as expensive, but the Blues can be, especially, if they are blue-eggers. If you are talking about mixing them with other breeds like brown-eggers, you will get green eggs, though.

Also, I think that they are true, not mixes. I'd say that you won with these guys. Solids can get expensive, even on straight run. Blacks not as expensive, but the Blues can be, especially, if they are blue-eggers. If you are talking about mixing them with other breeds like brown-eggers, you will get green eggs, though.
Oddly we have been looking for ee/oe roos. These came up as needing to be rehomed and for free. Going to pick up and isolate tomorrow morning.

First one looks like a purebred self blue (lavender) Ameraucana. Black one does too, though his leg color is wrong, should be slate colored legs. They are both gorgeous! Good chance they carry blue egg genes. Congratulations! 😊

Back
Top Bottom