1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

American Buckeye Poultry Club meeting at OH National

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Pathfinders, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    The American Buckeye Poultry Club will be having our first official meeting on Saturday at 11 am in the "food court area" at the OH National (there were so many breed clubs having national meets we couldn't get a room!)

Please come and join us to learn more about these great birds.

[​IMG]

2. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    I wished I was closer.i love my buckeyes.I would love to learn more about them. [​IMG]

3. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I so wish I could go! I'd need to get someone to stay with my elderly father and that's just not easy to do.

Will you be publicizing BYC so anyone with breeding flocks will post their websites etc here so we can get in touch with breeders? I am planning on getting some this spring and want to make some plans soon!

Thanks for the info and invite even if I can't take advantage. [​IMG]

4. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    Hey Laura:

Getting ready to leave on our drive north, leaving about 10 p.m. CST tonite-- see you at the Ohio National!

I am selling some Buckeye cockerels & will have them with me for pick-up at the sale area Friday afternoon for anyone wanting a new male.

Chris McCary
    Alabama

5. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:Not to step on toes here at BYC, but there's a Yahoo Group devoted to Buckeyes, it's the only thing we talk about there. I have asked for a breed specific page for BYC, and am told the idea is being worked on. In the meantime, you can come and talk Buckeyes to your heart's content here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/AmericanBuckeyePoultryClub/

6. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:We have not compiled a breeders list yet (I like to get folks' permission before posting their info on the Internet), but it's on my list of things to do. I do have a spreadsheet with the names of those who have told me they're happy to be contacted about birds, if you email me offline at lhaggarty AT blueone DOT net you can let me know where you are, and I can let you know who is closest to you (always best to deal as locally as possible, especially when chicks are being shipped.)

Cheers,

7. Pathfinders

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Quote:Drive safely m'dear, and I'll see you there!

8. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Hey Chris, you know, you can't come buy Friday if you're not an exhibitor, which I am not. So I will have to trust you to save the best one for me! [​IMG]

9. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    Hey Chris, you know, you can't come buy Friday if you're not an exhibitor, which I am not. So I will have to trust you to save the best one for me!

didn't know that; Jen, you can take one of the show birds on Sunday; I have 3 Buckeye cockerels in the show

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by