American Buff or Buff Dewlap Toulouse?

Table4Six

Crossing the Road
10 Years
May 22, 2012
I have 4 month old gander who I got from a breeder, but she said wasn’t sure if the egg was from her American Buffs or Buff Dewlap Toulouse(only two possibilities). I’ve been leaning toward Toulouse ever since I got him but now I’m not so sure. Any second opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Here are pictures:
8B284FF0-2863-4127-A2EA-8EB0BAAEDE94.jpeg
4B92687E-A860-4CE6-B4D9-42EDDF7A3D14.jpeg
4AEF1ED1-24AC-497F-82B0-BE5837499C6A.jpeg

He's adorable. It's hard to tell the difference between buff and buff dewlap as juveniles, but from the pictures, I'd say not a dewlap.

By the way, love the ducks in your picture. Looks like you have an elderly cayuga. Very cool. :)

He's adorable. It's hard to tell the difference between buff and buff dewlap as juveniles, but from the pictures, I'd say not a dewlap.

By the way, love the ducks in your picture. Looks like you have an elderly cayuga. Very cool. :)
Thank you for your response, I've been thinking the same, and I guess time will tell for sure, I'm just not very patient. :lol:
Thank you. The black and white duck pictured is actually my 2 and a half year old black Swedish hen, but I do also have a Cayuga hen who is the same age and has her fair share of white also.

They are gorgeous. Sure do look like @Table4Six goose. I wish I had pics of my female American buff but sadly I lost all my pics when my computer died.
:thSorry for the computer problems, I can totally relate. We've went through a lot of computers over the years. :barnie
Ivy is the one in front, and Nibbles is always behind. I have a heart attack every day when I take them outside and they wander too far from me.. Luckily I call for them and they come squawking and flapping their wings. I love them far too much I'm afraid.

By way of example... here are my buff dewlaps at approx. 3.5 months old in this pic. While not a great picture, you can see the dewlap already developed, they are fattier/fluffier than american buff, and larger overall. For reference, the smaller white goose is an adult embden/toulouse cross, and about the size of my buff/grey toulouse.
buff dewlap juveniles.jpg

Back
Top Bottom