American Game Chicks - Potentially Free!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Vcomb, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    My hens think its spring and as a result I have several very young clutches of American Game chicks roaming the yard with their mothers. Quite simpley I don't want to try and winter such young chicks! If you want them and are fast enough to catch them they are free! If you want them but want me to catch them they are $50 per clutch (in other words, all the chicks from a single nest). Most of the clutches are 7-12 chicks.

These are "Yard Hatched" American Gamefowl. As such, I know what bloodlines might be in the chicks, but as far as pinpointing the specific parents, impossible.

Chicks may include a mix of the following bloodlines:

Morgan Whitehackle (straight comb, yellow leg, spangled wheaton and spangled clay)
    Red Spangle Muff (bearded)
    Gull (straight comb, yellow legged, clay and wheaton)
    Redquill (straight comb, blue or green legs)
    Grey Hoy Muff (peacomb, white legs, bearded)

As I said they are going to be mixed bloodlines, but full game. A good inexpensive way to get started in exhibiting these birds or to find out if they're your cup of tea.

As stated these chicks are running loose and have done so since day one. Hens they are with are currently not for sale.

PM with any questions.
    Pick up only if you're catching them, if I'm catching them I could possibly meet part ways depending on how far you're driving from.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by