American Gamefowl cockerels free to good home in Western Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cicene mete, Jun 29, 2010.

1. cicene mete

cicene mete Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    I have five American Gamefowl cockerels, approximately 8 weeks old. I only have the facilities for two of them, so the other three have to go. The five are different crosses of American Gamefowl types. The first picture shows a Brownred, the second shows a Sid Taylor cross (he's the one looking up at the camera), the third shows a Kelso cross in the back and an Aseel X American in the front, and the last shows a Hennie cross (I think with a Pyle blue). I'll let three of them go and keep the last two from myself.

I live in Belchertown, MA near Three Rivers. Pickup or local delivery only. Please make sure you have the facilities for American Gamefowl before inquiring. Remember that after about four months, Gamefowl roosters have to be kept away from one another and from other roosters at all times. Finally, and I know this probably goes without saying, but these roosters have been raised to be good foragers and flock protectors only, so please do not respond if you are interested in using them for illegal purposes. I would much rather them end up on someone's dinner plate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Bron and I got to talking about your little Hennie X the other day. We both think she is a pullet really. You could probably keep her.

3. cicene mete

cicene mete Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    I hope you're right, but check out this side view: [​IMG]

Compared that one to this one, which I know is a pullet:
    [​IMG]

Even if it's a boy, it's a really nice bird, and it might be one of the two I keep.

While were on the subject, here's another one that I'm not so sure about (the one towards the back, sitting more upright). [​IMG]
    The comb color is dark, but it's growing in faster than those of the other birds.

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Oh yeah, the red one is a stag. I didn't know, or forgot you had two hennie crosses. The one I mentioned was the pyle one.

-Daniel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by