1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

American Idol Tour in St. Louis.....Need suggests

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jackiedon, Jul 16, 2008.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I have never driven in St. Louis in my life little on to a concert. I don't know where to stay, we are on very TIGHT budget.

I need help with a nice but inexpenive hotel room. Any are to avoid. We will be at the Scotttrade Center. We are comming to MO. from Arkansas.

Thanks in Advance,

jackie

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  3. ChixDigMe

ChixDigMe Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2007
    Snow Country - NY
    Are you serious? Who can afford to go to a concert these days?

If you are on a 'very tight budget', might I suggest, there are far better things you could be spending your money on than entertainment.

Rent the DVD of last years tour and splurge on popcorn. Your chickens will love the leftovers.

JMHO.

4. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Oh come on now, she just wants a few suggestions on how to have a good time without breaking her bank, why ya gotta say that stuff?

5. Nan5634

Nan5634 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Do you know when American Idol will be in Pennsylvania? I was thinking of auditioning. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Have fun in st. Louis, don't stay in the city but outside of it a little ways, like in Warrenton or some other burb. It's a horrible busy place to drive around.

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
  8. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Chixdigme,

My kids have done nothing but drag along with me to take care of my aging parents this summer. My mother fussing at them about everything. Just like she does to me and my siblings.
    Also I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Artheritis and she has had to clean house and stuff since I've been in a flare since Nov.

This is my daughter 15th birthday present. She has not had a b-day party for the last several years. In three years she's going to be gone to college so I want to enjoy what time we have while she is at home.

Did you not read the post about don't wish do it.

Until you have walked a mile in my shoes then don't judge.

Thank you duckboy!!!

jackie

9. jackiedon

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Thanks everyone for your help. [​IMG]

jackie

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hi Jackie! [​IMG] I will ask my husband if he knows of a place for ya'll to stay.

We lived in St. Louis for over 10 yrs, well dh lived there even longer. We live right over the river in Illinois now and dh still works downtown St. Louis. It actually takes him the same amount of time to get to work now than it did when we lived there. It's about the same mileage, just a diff state.

I just took my almost 15 yr old to the "Vans Warped Tour" at the Verizon Wireless Theater, so I know what you mean.

Feel free to pm me and in the mean time I'll do some checking for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by