American Onagadori Arrived

emvickrey

ChowDown Silkie Farm
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Hornbeak, Tennessee
I'm so excited. My babies arrived this morning. They are beautiful. I got the pair from Tommys Pet Paridise in Dan Diego California. They cmae a long way to Tennessee and did very well. When they had enough food and water I got them out for a photo shoot.
tongue2.gif

I have to use my web cam to take pictures so they aren't that great but pretty good anyway. Here they are. The last link is to the whole album if you want to see osme of my birds.

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/emvickrey/092827.jpg

092827.jpg

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/emvickrey/093341.jpg
093341.jpg

They are 8 weeks old. I just can't stop looking at them. I'll keep them inside for a while so I can spoil them.
big_smile.png

wee.gif
D.gif
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
The roo's tail feathers never stop growing like a Phoenix. I just love thises birda and always wanted one. I have a pair. I do plan to breed and share the babies. When I am able to "Pay it Forward" I will include eggs from these guys. I decided to call them Prince Charming and Cinderella. What do you think? I don't name all my chickens just the ones that end up aquiring one.

So far I have Beautiful a buff Orp, Purex, not sure of the breed but she is a purest white and very soft, Then there is Midget. My little one from the lst hatch that is smaler than the rest her age. More than 1/2 the size smaller but she does fine as far as chick be havior goes. She eats and poops and drinks and poops and plays. The only thing she doesn't do is run from me when I go to take them out of their pen to clean it. She is very docile.

I have a narrow box set up on its side for a make shift perch so my new babies can be here with me and I can see them. I know, I'm crazy but they are so beautiful. I can't wait for the eggs I won tohatach. There are breeds that I wanted in there too. I'm not going to get anythng done today. I need to go out and let the others out to roam today. Ad take the other babies outside for fresh air. I'm getting them used to the ourdoors. Can't leave them just yet at night becuse they don't have all their feathers. It stays around 60 at night but it has been raining and I don't want them to get a chll. So they just go out in the daytime.

Back
Top Bottom