americana, araucana and easter egger pictures

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redchicken, Jan 17, 2008.

1. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    can you guys post some americana, araucana and easter egger pictures

2. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    A pure bred ameraucana rooster I got from speckledhen.

[​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    All 3 of these are EE pullets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  4. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    pretty!! I love that white EE, I just have the typical EE...

[​IMG]

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats what i love about EE's....there is no typical really. They all seem kinda different.

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    You can see our EE's here. [​IMG]

Dawn

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    There have been tons of posts on this subject. I would recommend using the search tool. A lot of those posts have tons of pics that will help you find what you're looking for. The correct spelling is ameraucana, not americana. I've got all three on my web site as well if you'd like to take a look at my link on the left.

You can also go directly to the ameraucana club and araucana club web sites to see excellent examples of the breeds.

Jody

8. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

You all have such beautiful birds!!!!! [​IMG]

9. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks, Dawn, you may have answered my question about what kind of hens I have ... at least two of them

they look remarkably like your "Lacey"

the friend who "may" have provided them (she brought several chickens to the tenant whose house we are refurbishing) ... calls them "eagle" chickens because she sees them as looking a bit like bald eagles ... hers are Easter Eggers ... though the eggs I've found around the property are white (darn!)

one of the hens just hatched out nine chicks ... five are brown-and-black, three are yellow with dark spots, and one is all pale yellow

baby chickens probably from the jungle-fowl roo; mixed breed to be sure ... but they are scratching and trying to drink, and it's amazing to watch them

I'd found two nests, this one was perhaps under a pile of branches (which we need to get down to the recycle place, the inspector won't clear us for tenants until we do)

still wondering about the all-black (with yellow legs, white earlobes) and the variegated blonde (ditto)

thanks
    Candy

(temporary chicken mom)

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:I've never really heard of an EE laying WHITE eggs.... must be another breed laying those eggs...?

Anyone else?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by