Americana coloring?

Ilovemyduckies

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2012
So, on Wednesday, I got two chicks and two ducklings. As soon as I came home with my chicks, my sister decided that she needed one too. It is an Americana. I was wondering what the coloring would be as an adult? Any pics? Here she is:

Any ideas? Thx

i have seen a lot of ee chicks start out that color you will probley get a better idea of its color if you wait till its fully feathered.

I have an EE chick that looked the same when I first brought her home. She's still not fully grown of course, but here is what she looks like now:
k0q7ms.jpg

Okay, then she is an EE and not an americana? Okay, I guess I'l figure her coloring out eventually :D RunnerDucks your chick really pretty, it will be cool if she gets that coloring :D

Last edited:
I just told my sister that she is probably an Easter Egger. I told her that Easter Eggers could lay several different colors of eggs, and now she wants it to lay pink eggs. I told her they are pinkish. Now it's kinda exiting to see what color of eggs she lays when she gets older. I'm shooting for blue :D I just REALLY hope she doesn't lay brown eggs, I've got enough brown egg layers already.

The lighting is kind of blocking the colors in the first pic. Is it's legs green, or dark slate? Yellow or green legs will tell you right off the bat that you're not in possession of an Ameraucana.

Most likely your chick will end up being Gold Duckwing in coloration. A grown bird looks like this:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/EEP.JPEG

This is not my picture nor am I making profit from it.

The lighting is kind of blocking the colors in the first pic. Is it's legs green, or dark slate? Yellow or green legs will tell you right off the bat that you're not in possession of an Ameraucana.

Most likely your chick will end up being Gold Duckwing in coloration. A grown bird looks like this:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Arau/EEP.JPEG

This is not my picture nor am I making profit from it.

It's more dark slate. Thx :D

Back
Top Bottom