Americana hasn't laid egg in weeks

pattyl110

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
hmm.png

MY girls are approx 8 months old. most of the summer I was getting 3-4 eggs per day. Now in Novemeber, my 1 chick has stopped laying. I havent had one of her pretty green eggs in 3 weeks or better. I saw on byc, about molting, but she isn't losing any feathers. She is acting fine, eating , pooping (I think).. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Patty

I have a 9-month old Easter Egger that laid every day through summer then stopped for two weeks, laid for another week, and hasn't laid again for the past month! She's not molting, doesn't have worms or lice or mites. She's happy and healthy and just taking a break. One of my Ameraucana hens did the same thing only a bit earlier than the EE and she is back to laying again and giving me at least five eggs per week. I think it's part of a natural and individual cycle. I also notice that my EEs and Ameraucanas generally aren't super layers through the winter the way my Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds are, for example.

If she's not molting and you've checked for parasites and she's clear, I think you just need to wait it out and she'll start laying again.
smile.png

Edited to fix a typo!
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom