AMERICANA--help

Jennings Gamefowl

Songster
10 Years
Feb 17, 2009
CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
got an amreicanca bantams. one black hen and one muff roo... i think he is red and green but i dont know if he is a true americanca roo... sorry cant get pics now but will try. anyone has a roo like this... and if they will go broody

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you get them? If they came from a hatchery, they are Easter Eggers rather than Ameraucanas, but a picture would sure help us help you.
smile.png

just a quick correction, the Ameraucana club gets mad when they don't spell the breed right, its Ameraucana. Someone has a title that says "There's no "I" on Ameraucana"

What color legs do they have? If they have willow green legs I've been told they're EE not true ameraucana. I have 2 EE with the greenish legs and my true ameraucana has really pretty slate colored legs.

Sonja

Quote:
If these are mixes/mutts you can't be sure, sort of like two people with brown eyes might have a child with blue eyes.

Last edited:
That rooster has a very strange comb--anyone have an idea on it's genetic makeup?

Are any of your girls laying? Their egg colour is determined by the genes they carry, not those of the roo. If they carry the blue egg gene, they will pass it to at least 50% of their offspring (100% if they have two copies, only 50% if they have one copy). Likewise, they will pass on any brown egg genes (needed for green eggs) in similar ratios).

Pea comb is closely linked with the blue eggshell gene. So, if your girls have pea combs, chances are pretty good that they have the blue eggshell gene. If they do not have pea combs, chances are pretty high that they do not. Same with your roo, although his comb is strange enough I can't tell if it has pea comb in it or not.

Back
Top Bottom