1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Americana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by costello, Aug 27, 2013.

1. costello

costello Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Here's my new rooster: http://lawrence.craigslist.org/grd/4025524008.html

The owner calls it an 'Americana rooster.' Does she mean Ameraucana? Is this an Easter Egger?

I'd love to have some Easter Egger hens, and it would be great to have a rooster to mate them with. Would it be difficult to find 6 to 8 young (about 3 months old) hens? My little flock has been desimated by a neighbor's dog, and I need to get more hens anyway. I've been thinking about Easter Eggers, so if the rooster is one, maybe I should get some hens too.

2. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Yep, he's an Easter Egger. A very handsome one at that! Congrats. Hope you find some EE hens for him [​IMG]

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, he's an Easter Egger! Pretty boy! Usually seeing "Ameraucana" misspelled "Americana" is a good indicator that a bird is an Easter Egger, not a pure breed.

4. costello

costello Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Thanks for the responses. I'm excited to get this guy. I'll have my eye out for some EE hens. I may just have to start with chicks again. :)

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by