Americano chick or chump?

Pepperchickamericano

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
I bought 4 Americano girls, I thought. I've had chickens but now I've got a coup close enough to protect them better this time. I get sick if a creature gets hurt or dies on my watch and right off the bat I've hurt my little one, Lucy. I think I broke her leg. I wrapped it she picked it off now she has a limp. Is there anything I can do two weeks out. Take her to a vet?

Welcome to BYC.

What exactly happened to make you think that the leg is broken?

Can you take a clear short video of this broken leg birdtrying to walk and upload it to YouTube?

Welcome to BYC.

What exactly happened to make you think that the leg is broken?

Can you take a clear short video of this broken leg birdtrying to walk and upload it to YouTube?
Her little foot was flopping around. I was told as long as she's putting some weight on it now, eating drinking and scratching to leave her alone. She's got a limp because it's hard for her to get her toes going in the right direction but she's improving and since I've hurt her she's wants no part of me. Who could blame her. So I'm really afraid to try to corner I never want to hurt one of them again. Ironically she's my favorite. Her name is Lucy. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was afraid Chicken Protective Servives was going to pull up and take them away from me.

Back
Top Bottom