Americanua's

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by papeine, Nov 26, 2010.

1. papeine

papeine Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Hastings
    I lost both my Americauna's (dang neighbors dog!!).. looking to purchase two girls around 6 months old. live in central Minnesota.. near St Paul

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You looking for Easter Eggers (what you get from hatcheries; they lay various egg colors) or true Ameraucanas? (purebred birds that only lay blue eggs and don't come from feedstores/hatcheries)

If you're looking for Easter Eggers, a good thing to do is look on Craigslist through your area for "Easter Egger," "Americana" or "Ameraucana" - I'm sure someone has a couple hens or young pullets available. [​IMG]

3. papeine

papeine Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Hastings
    Quote:I believe the two I had were ameraucan's.. one died as a baby (crooked beak) the other one, well she's still alive, but I beleive has a broken leg thanks to dog..I was hoping she'd get better, but she hasn't really moved since this happened...I have her in a dog kennel, but I'm not thinking she's gonna do well....she did lay blue eggs... I got them from hatchery in Iowa...
    thanks for the tip.. I will try Craigslist..thanks

4. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    You had Easter Eggers if they came from a hatchery..they sell them as Ameraucana's but they are not.Hatcheries don't sell true Ameraucana's Beautiful birds though with pretty eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by