Americauna & Buff Orpington Pullet or Cockerel?

Jeff0710

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 29, 2013
SE Virginia
I am new to chickens and just built my first coop. I have 2 Buff Orpingtons and 1 Americauna. The Americauna seems a little bossy. Just curious to know what anyone thinks. Do any of them look like a roo?

What exactly is an easter egger other than the color of the eggs. Is it a mix breed? I was kind of thinking he was starting to look like a cockerel.

Easter egger are mutts that can lay blue,green, pink, brown, or white eggs. Somewhere back in there ancestory they are usually mixed with ameraucanas or araucanas. Hatcheries, farm stores, and some untruthful or uneducated "breeders" sell EEs an ameraucanas and araucanas.

Easter Egger usually means a chicken with Ameraucana somewhere in the bloodline. Very complicated discussions about the differences on some threads.

I agree that the EE looks like a cockerel and the Buffs look like pullets. Nice looking birds, too :)

Ok. Looks like I may have had an untruthful breeder. Going to wait a little longer before I find a better home for him. Unfortunatly I'm not allowed to have roosters where I live.

Back
Top Bottom