Americauna Egg Questions

thing1thingvu

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 24, 2013
So all of my chickens to my knowledge have laid except my Americauna...but what if she's laying brown eggs like the other chickens? Is that possible because I thought they normally laid blue and green. Is there a way to keep track of which chicken is laying which eggs?

She may be laying a pink-ish egg. Sometimes those can look like a bit like a brown egg.
I think the only way to know for sure would be to put her in a separate pen/enclosure for a day or so. Or you could try paying very close attention to when she lays and check the nest for a warm egg.

So all of my chickens to my knowledge have laid except my Americauna...but what if she's laying brown eggs like the other chickens? Is that possible because I thought they normally laid blue and green. Is there a way to keep track of which chicken is laying which eggs?

Welcome to BYC
thumbsup.gif
Keep an eye on her.

She looks just like my Easter-egger who is laying blue/green eggs. Mine didn't start laying until WELL after my other brown egg-layers started. I had all but given up on her.

She looks just like my Easter-egger who is laying blue/green eggs. Mine didn't start laying until WELL after my other brown egg-layers started. I had all but given up on her.

Thanks akb77, Ya we are slowly losing hope on her laying blue/green eggs since it seems like at least some of my chickens have been laying...but I guess patience is a virtue!

My EE is the most fickle bird ever. She takes days, weeks sometimes months off. My BRs are the best layers ever. My RIRs are second to best. I give my EE Cyanne pepper in her food and I swear it kick starts her egg laying.

My EE is the most fickle bird ever. She takes days, weeks sometimes months off. My BRs are the best layers ever. My RIRs are second to best. I give my EE Cyanne pepper in her food and I swear it kick starts her egg laying.
Cayenne?! Wow... Ok, so its probably quite diluted, right?

On a completely unrelated topic, how do the eggs taste?
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom