Americauna or Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sphinx, May 18, 2010.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I bought some chicks that are supposedly Americauna, but as I've lurked here, I've realized that most "Americaunas" are a mixed breed, and basically just known as Easter Eggers.

Since I bought these girls (? Hopefully! They're supposed to be) to be pets and egg layers, I'm not overly concerned about having a pure breed.

However, I would like to make sure I'm calling them the proper thing. I took them out of the brooder and put them on my coffee table to pose (note to self, don't do that again!). What do you think?

Oh, btw, one of them is supposed to be a silver laced wyandott, but she was feeling left out, so I put her with her sisters. They are all just over three weeks old.

[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    They're Easter Eggers. [​IMG]

3. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    You mean most Ameraucana's that are purchased through hatcheries are in fact Easter Eggers. [​IMG] There is a breed called Ameraucana (this is the correct spelling btw) and is another ball of wax entirely. You'd do best to read up on it some more. What you have are indeed Easter Eggers or EE's, as they're commonly called. Cuties, I have a bunch myself and love them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by