Americauna or Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by VioletBlueIvy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    I put out an ad looking for Araucunas, Americauna's or EE's. The gentleman responded to my add with I have some of those.... So I went and got them, and forgot to ask which ones they were!!!! [​IMG] Although they are obviously not Aracunas. I have a hard time telling the difference between EE's and Americaunas
    One lays a light blue egg, one a greenish blueish brownish hued egg, not sure who's is who's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the sun her dark feathers flash green blue and purple, she is lovely! The smaller of the two, and her legs are light pink.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is bigger, stands taller and has bluish legs.

What do you think?

2. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    If I had to guess you probably got EE's, I'm not sure how to tell Ameraucanas from EE's either but the legs look kinda light gray to me and if one's egg has got a brownish hue probably an EE and if the guy had one all of them probably are.

3. VioletBlueIvy

Jan 29, 2010
    That is exactly what I thought, but then I saw a picture on here of some americaunas that look identical to these (well, to me they do)

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She is an EE. That is not an accepted Ameraucana color--there are only eight of those and yours has a typical EE type pattern.

Ameraucana colors are black, white, blue, blue wheaten, wheaten, buff, brown red and silver, I think.

5. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Ee [​IMG]

6. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Ee

7. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Thats right [​IMG]

8. VioletBlueIvy

Jan 29, 2010
    Good enough for me!
    I am thrilled to have that cleared up! Now I can head over to the EE thread......
    Thank You All!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by