Americauna rooster?

Fuhrwick

Chirping
Jul 11, 2018
Western Pennsylvania
hi there! I am still new to owning chickens. I have 6 chickens of 3 different breeds that I got about 3 months ago. These two were marked as americauna pullets and looked identical as chicks, but now I’m wondering if I ended up with one roo? See how the americauna on the left has such a thicker neck than the other americauna? It also has these grey puffy feathers around the ears. Is it just growing faster/larger than the other hen or is it a rooster?
75FE2536-353F-4F1B-9E8B-F55F3AB5EFC5.jpeg

Thanks!

Both pullets, and Easter Eggers.
Thank goodness!!!! I’m in a neighborhood and I don’t think my neighbors would be too fond of a rooster. I also thought they may be Easter eggers but I was confused by the difference and why they are often called americaunas. Any idea why one is so much larger with different feathers when they’re the same age?

Thank goodness!!!! I’m in a neighborhood and I don’t think my neighbors would be too fond of a rooster. I also thought they may be Easter eggers but I was confused by the difference and why they are often called americaunas. Any idea why one is so much larger with different feathers when they’re the same age?

They've likely got different parents. Its hard telling what hatchery's are using to produce their Easter Eggers now. This is obvious by the sudden rise in non bearded Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom