Americauna rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LisaChick1, Oct 7, 2014.

1. LisaChick1

LisaChick1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Carmel Valley
    I have 4 supposed Americauna chicks that are only 4 weeks old and this one in particular is already screaming I'm a rooster to me.....
    he/she is huge compared to the rest of my chicks already has patchy markings of red on the wings and looks like he is actually getting a small beard ALREADY and had a large comb that's already getting red.... Ya I thought boy since the day I brought him home with his attitude. Extremely curious and kinda crazy.
    I tried to get pics but they're not the best.... Could anyone let me know if this looks like a true americauna or rooster and if so.... does this breed in particular have more aggressive tendencies? I know every chicken and rooster is different, just wondering what they generally say about this breed. I have a GLW roo who is my sweet boy and I'm worried this guy won't be able to stay around.... But he looks like he will be beautiful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like an Easter Egger, not an Ameraucana. And it is looking like a cockerel.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Agreed - on both counts.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Easter Egger, and likely a cockerel.

5. LisaChick1

LisaChick1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    Carmel Valley
    That's what I suspected... Thanks guys

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X4 on Easter Egger cockerel. Sorry. :eek:(

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Easter egger cockerel. I have a similar colored bird I also had pegged as male this young. He's turning out very pretty, but I'm rooster heavy and he'll be culled here in another few months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by