Americauna sex/age help needed!

murmagmazy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 13, 2013
We picked this baby up at our feed store last week. A while slew of them had been dropped off that morning and all they were told is that they were pastel egg layers. I've never had one so I took this one. Any thoughts on age or sex? The kids named her Betty. Is she a Betty?

The little one that she is standing next to is a 2 week old old barred rock so I was guessing 4-6 weeks? The pea comb isn't overly large and is peach not red. She does stand up to the other chickens in the coop and takes good care of my babies. I've never had an americauna or EE so I'm really hoping for a girl. Her legs are black and yellow on the bottom.

Last edited:
ITA, 6-8 week cockerel. I suspect someone dumped their excess cockerels from hatching or buying straight run as soon as they were sure of the gender. It happens. :(

For sure a boy. And he's an Easter Egger maybe. If his offspring produce blue eggs then he is an Easter Egger for sure. Otherwise he's a crossbred Heinz 57. Blue egg gene/blue eggs=Easter Egger. Any other color Egg=Heinz 57

OOPs..to clarify .... Blue egg gene/blue eggs=Easter Egger. Any other color Egg=Heinz 57
Off APA SOP Ameraucana or Araucana blue egg gene/blue eggs= Easter Egger

Sorry about that omission.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom